• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 gtl rx/tx led issue

When I get used radios from - wherever; the first thing I do is check it out thoroughly for hacks/mods. I'd recommend that you do your best to find out if any had been done to your radio.

In addition IIRC, your first thread on this radio was concerned with the clarifier and unlocking it. This is where you should check it out and restore the radio to stock first - using a schematic to trace out that circuit and put it back to stock. You cannot have two different clarifier unlock mods in the same radio; that is a no-go.

If your radio has an problem with no TX/RX; then it is a good bet that something had been hacked in the clarifier circuit and it is keeping the radio's PLL circuit from reaching a locked freq. Not to be confused with an unlocked clarifier; talking about apples and oranges here.

When a clarifier is either locked or unlocked, either way it will allow the PLL circuit to maintain its own separate lock. Without the PLL circuit locking, the TX and RX will not work.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.