• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 NW ST UN-clip

JJim

Jul 2, 2005
www.yoursaftnet.com
Hello all,

I just got a new Cobra 148 NW ST for my brother. I have one of these radios sitting on a shelf ready to go the the hospital for a fixer-up! However, I bought this radio "brand new in the box" even with a "High Gain" Noise cancelling mic. Apparently, the shop where I bought it decided to "do me a favor" and they peaked and clipped the radio :evil: . the problem is; I want to use this radio with an Astatic EchoMax 2000 mic. As soon as I key the mic, I get massive feedback. When they did the "clip" the completely removed the component. Can anybody tell me what I need to replace to UN-clip this radio?

I need to know what component number as well as what it is (diode, capacitor, resistor) and what value I need to get.

Thank you,

Jim

Take it back to the shop Jim if your sure thats' what they did ? and ask them if they will return the radio to normal. It shouldn't cost you anything. Should be R131 but IM not up on these newer model 148s .

Your talkback resistor is likely too low in resistance.
TR24
TR26
R131
Are parts of the AMC.

Switch Kit said:
Take it back to the shop Jim if your sure thats' what they did ? and ask them if they will return the radio to normal. It shouldn't cost you anything. Should be R131 but IM not up on these newer model 148s .
They are pretty much the same, but with an extra suck factor.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.