• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

18 1/2 yr old battery!!

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
A couple years ago, bob85 had started a topic on one of these new battery chargers that conditions batteries by minimizing the size of the sulfate crystals that build up on the plates.

So I am following up on what has proved to be a good investment.

Two yrs ago my 6v battery (in my spotlight) decided it didn't want to charge anymore (but it was only 16 yrs old), so I hooked this charger up to the battery for 12 hrs and PRESTO - the battery came back to life and is still working just fine as of today.

Look at how old the battery is - 18 yrs/7 mos!!!

chargerm.jpg

Bottom pic showing a 12v/12amp - 8 yrs/2 mos old.

xtremex.jpg

hhmmm about a hundred bucks .wonder if it be worth buying to charge my marine battery i use every week .?
my 10 amp charger been boiling them dry over time .then you add distilled water and couple months later they are toast.
marine batteries only been lasting 2 years .i use them every week and discharge and recharge twice over the weekend and once during the week.

my 10 amp charger been boiling them dry over time .then you add distilled water and couple months later they are toast.
marine batteries only been lasting 2 years .i use them every week and discharge and recharge twice over the weekend and once during the week.
Humm - batteries only lasting two years hu? Are you using just a straight Marine battery or Deep Cycle?

10 amp charge shouldn't hurt a Deep Cycle, that's what they should be charged at from what I understand.

I use Deep Cycle batteries in my F150, they are maintenance free and one of them have been in use for 9 yrs now - powering my 8000 lb winch. But I have also been using the charger that I have posted above, 4 times a year.

Have you ever tired the Napa Deep Cycle Marine battery's? They are made by Exide and are rated very high.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.