• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1969 final

Make sure you change the driver final too or you will see no improvement at all. You might even check cb tricks or talk to DTB radio for some pointers.

2sc2166 is the standard driver used with 2sc1969,but they are also getting hard to locate,you may get away wth a sanyo 2sc2078 or 2sc1306 if you can find one. it probably has a 2sc2078 final in it too start with,not 100% familiar with that radio as it is a US model,i doubt you will see much gain from using a 2sc1969 and even if you do the modulator circuit probably wouldn't be up too fully modulating it as it will be designed for a lower power final. you'd probably see more benefit from a small ext amp which wouldn't put as much strain on the other components of your radio. at least 9 out of 10 2sc1969,2sc2312 and 2sc2166 advertised for sale are fakes nowadays so i'd be very wary of spending your money unless you know what your looking for.the original mitsubishi transistors are the most faked cb component since mitsubishi stopped making them.below is an original,if it don't look exactly like that its fake.none of the fakes i've seen have the two small plastic triangles jutting down between the leads.you can see them if you look closely in that pic. Google Image Result for http://www.www.premiere-electronics.net/store/media/2sc1969.jpg

Make sure you change the driver final too or you will see no improvement at all. You might even check cb tricks or talk to DTB radio for some pointers.

You will not have to change the driver to see an improvement. The 2SC1969 final will give more wattage than the stock final however you need to change a few other components to complement it. Changing R43 to a 2.7 ohm, R108 to a .47 ohm, and changing to the 1969 final will show a definite increase in wattage after retuning the radio. .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.