• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1st DX contact in 10+ years

Charlie Brown

certifiable
Dec 18, 2010
Tennessee
www.pedalsteelman.com
I am so excited !! I made my first DX contact in 10 + years !!! I been out of CB for a long time.. Just put up an IMAX on Xmas eve. I heard 103 out of Toranto on 38 LSB. I broke him and he came back to be for a brief moment ! We made the contact !! I was running a Washington base and an IMAX barefoot. The iMAX is about 40FT high. I was pretty proud! :bdh:

I had an aA99 up in the air for about 7 yrs without bothering to turn it on. Turned it on one day and broke for skip. They came back and I was back on the air for good. It is great fun.

Nice...

I usually stay off for a bit...
then i get on to try some skip...and bang..i am back on the radio for awhile..

I know how you feel. I got my old cobra 148gtl out of storage today and hooked it up to a dipole about 20 feet to the feedpoint and made contacts in Kentucky, Illinois, and Tennessee within a matter of minutes, man that was fun.

Quoted for truth! I had radio equipment stashed in my parent's attic for the longest time. I also had a wire dipole I never used. My parents went on vacation for two weeks so I stayed in their home to take care of my grandmother. I had nothing to do so I setup the radio, caught some skip and I've spent over 1000 dollars in new equipment in under 2 months. :whistle:

Nice...

I usually stay off for a bit...
then i get on to try some skip...and bang..i am back on the radio for awhile..

Quoted for truth! I had radio equipment stashed in my parent's attic for the longest time. I also had a wire dipole I never used. My parents went on vacation for two weeks so I stayed in their home to take care of my grandmother. I had nothing to do so I setup the radio, caught some skip and I've spent over 1000 dollars in new equipment in under 2 months. :whistle:

I think i'm gonna end up doing the same thing !!:blushing:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned