• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 antenna mobile

One antenna! :D Unless you are in a big semi, you are wasting your money! The antennas cannot "be in phase" unless they are at least NINE feet apart! A small car or pickup truck will receive no benefit to two antennas! What it does is make money for the vendor because it doubles the numbers of antennas he can sell! :p You would be better off with ONE highly efficient antenna in the center of the roof of the vehicle.

CWM

well i do have the roofline to space them at more then 9 ft. im more concerned of the two different 2 antenna set up comparison.

i know how to set them up correctly to be of use. i understand one of you prefer one antenna. thats cool, how about the people who have used either

Hygain used to make a mobile co-phaser box that you could use to phase two antennae. by switching the control, you could change the directivity of your signal. Anyone remember these, or am I dating myself.

Rich

i never did compition from car or truck
still i know those serious about winning
use multi......usally not single

i was never into key downs
perfer DX and therefore also perfer non directional when was in car or truck going from one mountian top to another mountian top hiding place (used to sneak under some very remote mountian top cell towers......lol

C W Morse said:
One antenna! :D Unless you are in a big semi, you are wasting your money! The antennas cannot "be in phase" unless they are at least NINE feet apart! A small car or pickup truck will receive no benefit to two antennas! What it does is make money for the vendor because it doubles the numbers of antennas he can sell! :p You would be better off with ONE highly efficient antenna in the center of the roof of the vehicle.

CWM

I have to disagree two antennas on a mobile applaction work well at 6 foot or further.. I have ran a 6 foot sapcing on a mobile for years and one hot and one grounded antenna will concenrtrate much of your signal forward if the anteannas are tuned correctly..

321, he is talking about cophased antennas. One hot and a reflector is not cophased. I have ran a setup like you mentioned and I agree it worked great for me with a reflector at 6 feet aswell!

I've really been wanting to try the out of phase antennas again. Last time I tried it I used some BS CB'er gospel and it didn't work. If anyone wants to do try it.....bust out the calculator!!!

Toll_Free and myself have discussed this previously in a thread titled "Mobile antennas in phase quadrature". It's a few down this page if anyone cares...

1 hot one not can't do this:

cardioid2.gif

HUH? Why couldn't you drive around with it! The antennas are on the "X" axis.

It would look no different than 1 hot 1 not!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio