• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2007 JK JEEP ANTENNA MOUNT

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
mount arrived today and I installed it

tarheeljk8lu6.jpg

tarheeljk13mg0.jpg

tarheeljk16id9.jpg

Can you take a close up pic of that antenna mount? Also, which model of screwdriver is that? Oh yeah...where did you run the power for the radio face?

The radio is under the seat and the remote cable runs along side the stereo, I have to get the MB-65 mount yet so the head unit is more secure.

tarheeljk11ps2.jpg

tarheeljk7hc6.jpg

tarheeljk4nq4.jpg

Happy_Hamer,
I can't really tell much from the pictures. Is the mount heavy enough to make a good mount for that antenna? I've seen some 'license plate' mounts that I'd be afraid to mount anything on, much less something like that 'TarHeel'.
- 'Doc

KI4MSJ said:
Looks good man. I need to figure out how to mount a screw driver antenna to my cherokee

I have been thinking about the same thing. I currently use a mag-mount on top, but it si definately not tree friendly!

I have been considering pulling the AM/FM antenna off the front fender and replacing it with the HF antenna.

Back to the OP--the mount looks great; have you had a chance to test it on the air?

Dave_W6DPS

The easiest thing to do for a cherokee (if you have the money) is replace the bumper with an aftermarket bumper / tire carrier combo. Most people that are into offroading do this anyway. The aftermarket bumpers and tire carriers are heavy guage steel, so it's pretty easy to come up with a mount that you can bolt on.

:D NICE!!! how long did it take you to get the IC-7K remoted ? and what did you use for the head? i need to figure out where i want mine. but more importantly i need to order the damn antenna!

The Tarheel II looks better in my opinion, the wiring on the high sierra seems to be a "cheap" look.

Dont get me wrong, the high sierra works well, I just like the look of the Tarheel.

HH, I still haven't made up my mind yet I will have too soon. the little ones seem so much easier to mount and deal with, but i guess it comes down to how much i maybe willing to compromise I already have the XYL's blessing "what ever you think will make you happy and works good"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio