• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2995 DX

The problems were with the power supply, usually after a strong peak and tune the power supply would fail. I have heard they have this problem solved. I would still get the fan kit and have a qualified tech do the conversion and tune.

I have been running one for about 10 months now with no problems. The newer models supposedly have been corrected; one way to tell is you should hear the internal fan come on each time you key up on the later models... I haven't added the external fan to it.

These seem like great radios but I can't stomach the high price. Maybe you could find a deal on a good condition used one and save some bucks.

But this much money, why not get a used HF rig? You'll have a much better radio, better receiver, more features ect....

I use a modern Icom and it sounds great on AM. It's full 40 watts swings to 80 and that can be turned up some. Just engage the Speech Processor and set the mic gain not to exceed 100% on the ALC meter when talking. You won't notice the difference in the little bit of less power that the Icom does on AM over the RCI box.

Good luck with whatever you go with!

interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.