• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

383 bad experience

update

ok this guy changed the intake on thursday and called friday and said the truck was ready. As i arrived the hood was up. WTF i knew there was a problem.........! Got in same thing stalling not idling ETC ETC ...

I told him ill take the truck and bring it somewhere else..Ok took it home and ran a vacuum test from the pvc hose. the problem was the hose didnt fit on my gauge well. so i took the line off the vacuum advance and when i pulled that hose the engine reduced rpms from 1400 to 700. wtf that thing isnt even suppose to be working at idle. i left that off (problem 1)

I looked at the fuel regulator. it has 3 ports 1 in two out. he has the second port going to the return line to the tank. well this cant work because then there's no fuel pressure for the carb (problem 2)... Now the timing was way out of wack and the idle all screwed up from him trying to compensate (problem 3) i adjusted all this and the truck is a lot better.

starts and shuts off correctly. i cant smoke the tires but i am close. maybe this is becaause i have no advance hooked up. new distribtor on the way (ebay)

321 watergate city said:
That distributor is worth every penny.

yes it is!!!!!!!!!!received at 6:48pm installed and fired right up. i will have to tune it in the morning.

what a piece of s%&t this mechanic is.........the distributor i removed was USED :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

the truck is tunning fine. i have the regulator connected with 6psi to the carb... i am making a few changes (roller rocker etc!!!) this weekend and should have some pics and test results towrd the end of next week.

i agree the tank should be modified but that will be a later project

i pulled a plug and found some metal......took it back and they put a sleeve in

img0678ze8.jpg

img0679zq7.jpg

img0681gn0.jpg

img0683vx4.jpg

img0686cj9.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.