• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3cx10000 Ouput Test

You're overlooking what the simple definition of the word average means. Compression will not raise the maximum PEP power. What it will do is raise the majority of "average" speech closer to the maximum PEP value available.
It's okay SW, I had fun debating all of this and I took none of it personal, but I do genuinely give up and respect your narrative. We'd be better off sitting down with a beer than trying to lay out our positions in text.

It's all good man, I was just trying to rattle your cage a bit. I learn volumes by pushing the envelope, the most knowledgeable say nothing until pushed a bit :whistle:

You're overlooking what the simple definition of the word average means. Compression will not raise the maximum PEP power. What it will do is raise the majority of "average" speech closer to the maximum PEP value available.

its not hard to understand that compression increases the avg speech power of a signal,whilst at the same time clipping of those peaks which will decrease the overall peak power reading despite the average reading being increased,the tradeoff is simple,more distortion/impurity in the signal.

when compression clips of those peaks it effectively leaves flat topping of the signal envelope which is why the tradeof is distortion as its a well known fact flat topping = distortion.

On another forum Wizard was testing an amp, maybe this same one, and said he only had a 50 amp service at his bench and the amp was not showing full peak power because it was starving for current. This just shows he has no clue about electricity. If an amp wanted to draw 80 amps from a 50 amp circuit it would attempt to do until the breaker/fuse popped. The amp would never be current starved the fuse would simply blow. BTW, I have never been able to figure how something can me current starved when operated from the AC line, voltage starved yes, but not current starved.

Very good point

Captain Kilowatt said:
On another forum Wizard was testing an amp, maybe this same one, and said he only had a 50 amp service at his bench and the amp was not showing full peak power because it was starving for current. This just shows he has no clue about electricity. If an amp wanted to draw 80 amps from a 50 amp circuit it would attempt to do until the breaker/fuse popped. The amp would never be current starved the fuse would simply blow. BTW, I have never been able to figure how something can me current starved when operated from the AC line, voltage starved yes, but not current starved.

So when my lights dim the AC voltage is being drained from them to supply current for my amp, is this correct? :LOL:

Good point, sorry I missed this and I'm not arguing that wizard isn't blowing smoke up a lot of guys rear ends to try and sell his wares but the pep/rms debate will wear on until some come to the conclusion that avg rf power is just that and pep is a measurement of peak rf power. :love:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.