• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3elt yagi vertikal ????

pjatt

Jul 25, 2008
HEEELP !!!!!!! im getting :confused: thinking of putting up a 3 elt yagi whit hairpin matching,will a 38mm:s metalltube make the antenna work or will it interrupt the antennas performance ?

Metaltube will end up in line whit driver and groundplane and im not sure its going to work.

Im asking couse i getting confused bye the fact that i cant find any info abaut mounting a 3 elt yagi beam verktikal at 11 m band,is glasfibrerods/tube a way to solve the problem ?

Reason for mounting 3 elt yagi is that i got a new 4elt yagi for horisontal and thought that 3 elt vertikal would come handy instead of the A99...or im a trying to invent the wheel again :D

Last edited:

I used to have a 3 element Yagi set up vertically. It worked very well, but I would suspect that the pattern was a little distorted due to the metal mast.

But it definitely worked very well like that, and the guy that eventually bought it from me also had it vertical. He was very pleased with the performance, too.

Hope that helps.

3 element yagis are ok. But you have to consider a few things. Space it takes to turn it. Getting it at the correct height. A second rotor. Mast pipe when mounted vertical.

If I needed a vertical positioning antenna system, I would consider building a 3 element fixed array. Ever heard of the old "Super Scanner". If not it was basically vertical dipoles insulated on a triangle configuration. It used relays to select the element in the direction you wanted while grounding the other two. Or you could select all elements for 360 degree coverage.

I don't understand why more people have not built these. They work great and no rotator to mess with.

I even built one for 2 meters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.