• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4300-300, 98VHP, or 63FFC2 ???

There is no doubt that the 4300-300 will do the most power and is running the most stable amp transistors of the 3 radios (4xSD1446s). I have seen alot of them and like them but they seem to have junk echo boards in them. I have had about 6 come in for repair (Echo board is SMT mounted on the control pot. We just send it off for Warranty repair. They seem to have the problem under control now)

I like the fact that the Galaxy has SSB, but how many people are actively using SSB? It is a very nice looking radio, very inexpensive transistors doing good power.

I like the looks of the 63FFC2 best. It doesn't heat up like one would think due to it being all chrome. I can do without the 6 digit counter though. The blueing looks nice too. I would choose this radio out of the 3 becasue it is SMT. I know for a fact that the guys that do the factory warranties are like the Matag repairman with all the Ranger SMT units. Not too many come in for repair.

DTB Radio said:
Butcher318 said:
Whatever radio you get don't go jacking it all up by putting 2879's in it.

I agree. The 4300-300 will do about 400 watts with the pills in it, and the little extra from swapping them will get a barely noticable nudge higher on the other guy's meter. Not woth the high $$$$.

I agree with DTB. I have a 4300-300 with 4x2879's in it.

It does about 600watts. 590ish. If i whistle real loud it getts to 600.

Ask GRTS about the amp board on these radios he knows about them.

CB tricks has the mod for the 2879's swap.

Is it worth the money thats up to you. You could get a lot more watts out of a lesser radio with a good size amp on it, but if you want a unique radio then swap you'll be happy.

If you want the modulation not peak over 100% then don't get it tuned. It'll do about 75%-80% out of the box.

Copper's work is a joke as far as I'm concerned. I have never seen a radio done by them that was right, and thats after 15 years in the business.

exactly what was wrong?i buy from them all the time with no problems
i just got a magnum omegaforce ewith thier tune up opition.everything works just fine
and they dont jack the modulation past 100%.many places do this and ruin radios
coppers dont

I was talking to a local that had the 98vhp running at full throttle. He had it setting on top of a roll of electrical tape. After a little while he found the tape had melted to his brand new radio. So I guess this radio need some good air flow ! LOL ! :)

I agree. The 4300-300 will do about 400 watts with the pills in it, and the little extra from swapping them will get a barely noticable nudge higher on the other guy's meter. Not woth the high $$$$.

Putting the 2879's in it not worth the price. Well that's up to the individual. My Connex did 600 watts.

Now my new 98VHP does 600 watts with 4 2879's in it.

A 4 pill Galaxy imagine that. HMMMM.

let's see if this post gets deleted. LOL

Our site was hit with an attack yesterday. The only way we could get the site back online was to start with a backed up file from a few days ago which in turn lost alot of posts.

Dont be so paranoid that the world is out to get you, your not that important. If you dont like the way the forum is run, logout and dont come back!

IMAGINE THAT! HMMMMMMMMMM

Putting the 2879's in it not worth the price. Well that's up to the individual. My Connex did 600 watts.

Now my new 98VHP does 600 watts with 4 2879's in it.

A 4 pill Galaxy imagine that. HMMMM.

let's see if this post gets deleted. LOL

'Copper's work is a joke as far as I'm concerned. I have never seen a radio done by them that was right, and thats after 15 years in the business'-what exactly do they 'do to them'? i know of literally HUNDREDS of radios 'done by them' over the years. yup, there has been a few stinkers. but 1 out of every however many ain't bad. you're perfect? WOW. other then converting to CB, they DON'T do ANY 'mods' to them. don't tell me about what they claim as 'expand, align & tune', i've said here before, for somebody who can't or won't 'expand' their new radio, $30 is a small price to pay. if that's ALL they get for the price, then they're happy & that's what counts. the FOOL is the one paying for wackpacking, dust(ing your money out the door) mods, and the magic snip.
remember, i am commenting on YOUR COMMENT about copper....NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR WORK.

Our site was hit with an attack yesterday. The only way we could get the site back online was to start with a backed up file from a few days ago which in turn lost alot of posts.

Dont be so paranoid that the world is out to get you, your not that important. If you dont like the way the forum is run, logout and dont come back!

IMAGINE THAT! HMMMMMMMMMM

WOW!!! Is all I can say.

I never said the WORLD was out to get me. LOL

Just found it strange.

To bad for the ATTACK.

As to being important. LOL We're all insignificant. Even those who run forums.

'Copper's work is a joke as far as I'm concerned. I have never seen a radio done by them that was right, and thats after 15 years in the business'-what exactly do they 'do to them'? i know of literally HUNDREDS of radios 'done by them' over the years. yup, there has been a few stinkers. but 1 out of every however many ain't bad. you're perfect? WOW. other then converting to CB, they DON'T do ANY 'mods' to them. don't tell me about what they claim as 'expand, align & tune', i've said here before, for somebody who can't or won't 'expand' their new radio, $30 is a small price to pay. if that's ALL they get for the price, then they're happy & that's what counts. the FOOL is the one paying for wackpacking, dust(ing your money out the door) mods, and the magic snip.
remember, i am commenting on YOUR COMMENT about copper....NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR WORK.
well one thing i will agree with ya is the wack pack-super swing garabge.and thats why i
do like coppers cause i know they do/wont do those fake mods.and i know not everything
is jacked up to the max.and before ya know it your radios toast.i have a hard time believing
you seen that many bad radios from coppers.which leads me too if thet were yours why
didnt ya call them back and straighten things out.ive order from coppers for years never
had a radio i didnt like from them.if there sooo bad they would have been out of business
years ago cause nobody would buy from them

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.