• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

50 MHz RF chokes?

Crawdad

Down in the mud invasive species
Nov 11, 2016
What ferrite mix for RF common mode chokes for 6m?

And yes Mike, I did Google it and found some answers but would like to hear from some of the smart, experienced folks here also :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357

If you want to use ferrite, mix 31 is a good choice. I have used that on most of my station power leads due to low 6M Yagi right on my roof capable of legal limit. I got my ferrite at Palomar Engineers. Get a big enough core or snap on that will let you run at least two turns through it.

Reactions: Crawdad
If you want to use ferrite, mix 31 is a good choice. I have used that on most of my station power leads due to low 6M Yagi right on my roof capable of legal limit. I got my ferrite at Palomar Engineers. Get a big enough core or snap on that will let you run at least two turns through it.
Thank you sir for the info. I have several toroids, including a 31 on order from Mouser.

Appreciate the response. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.