• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

55 r4 antenna

Or, you can contact Terry (Mr. 55) and order one from him!

You can contact 55 at 904-753-0759...

Here is some pictures of my 55's on my Suburban, with some Hank Breedlove Ball Mounts...
mountsu.jpg

55s2.jpg

55s1.jpg

55sd.jpg

These are the Original Version 55's, which have 3/4" wide flat coils...The R4's have 1/2" wide flat coils...Terry still builds both versions, and have very clean welds. $70 + S&H. (I think S&H is $10, and he can ship as many as 3 at one time for this price)

note: Terry's 55's won't have stingers, so you will need a 102" whip to cut down for a stinger...

Or, you can contact Terry (Mr. 55) and order one from him!

You can contact 55 at 904-753-0759...

Here is some pictures of my 55's on my Suburban, with some Hank Breedlove Ball Mounts...

mountsu.jpg

These are the Original Version 55's, which have 3/4" wide flat coils...The R4's have 1/2" wide flat coils...Terry still builds both versions, and have very clean welds. $70 + S&H. (I think S&H is $10, and he can ship as many as 3 at one time for this price)

note: Terry's 55's won't have stingers, so you will need a 102" whip to cut down for a stinger...
will his mobile antennas be defective like the base antenna he sold to Cajun Invader?

Guess maybe he makes a better Mobile Antenna, than Base Antenna's! So far, the ones I have work just fine, and after doing a little polishing on the aluminum after I got them, they almost look chrome...

After having the Fatboy R4's, I was more than pleased with these as for as the welds go. If I get a chance, I'll try and get some close-up pics of the welds around the coil, and at the top and bottom of the antenna so you can see. They are nothing like what was on that Merlin...

And for what it's worth...they do work good in DX, I talked to 209 in Washington today, also talked to Silver Streak (Oregon), Davy Crockett (Illinois) and a few others.

I'll try and get some pics this weekend...long as it don't rain.

Guess maybe he makes a better Mobile Antenna, than Base Antenna's! So far, the ones I have work just fine, and after doing a little polishing on the aluminum after I got them, they almost look chrome...

After having the Fatboy R4's, I was more than pleased with these as for as the welds go. If I get a chance, I'll try and get some close-up pics of the welds around the coil, and at the top and bottom of the antenna so you can see. They are nothing like what was on that Merlin...

And for what it's worth...they do work good in DX, I talked to 209 in Washington today, also talked to Silver Streak (Oregon), Davy Crockett (Illinois) and a few others.

I'll try and get some pics this weekend...long as it don't rain.

Well I consider it more of a quality control issue than a defective device I suppose.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.