• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

572b

Transmitting tubes generally require a "burn in" time to increase emission to its nominal value. In broadcast stations, 100-200 hours at rated filament voltage is allowed for burn in. This initial operation allows the getters, materials which absorb and hold residual gas, to finish the vacuum of the tube in its final operating environment. In an Amateur Radio amplifier, tubes will often require 50-200 hours of "key down" transmit time to remove the residual gas and condition the filament for full emission.
It is well advised to allow tubes to operate in standby mode (filaments on, no transmit) for 10 hours before tune-up.

The 811A, 572B, 3-500Z, 4-400, etc. utilize a thoriated tungsten filament, which is highly dependent upon sufficient filament temperature to provide adequate electron emission for normal operation. Emission increases as the thorium migrates towards the surface of the filament wire. This is why it is recommended to "burn in" these tubes before operation.

Don't you hate it when people plagiarize other people's work without giving due credit?!

Its one thing to learn something and spread the good news, but a whole different thing to COPY, word for word, from another source without giving credit to that source. Its just WRONG and happens too often in here!

Give credit where credit is due! It would have been far easier to post a link, then to cut and paste like we see here.

GET A LIFE.Dont you hate it when people troll the forum looking for ways to cause trouble instead of helping people.Its people like you that make people not want to help.

I'm thinking about arranging some dog feces to say, "Who gives a Sh!t?" It' would SOOOOO apply here.

Touched a nerve, did I? Why not give credit where credit is due? Or are you upset that you were found out?

DXoutlaw22 said:
Don't you hate it when people troll the forum looking for ways to cause trouble instead of helping people? It's people like you that make people not want to help.
I don't troll looking for problems. You know that. If you don't want to help because you have an issue with stealing other people's work and taking credit for it, that's up to you.

Personally, I think it is much easier to use these.....

" "

or post a link, than take the time to cut and paste, and then edit.

Help away oh great master of knowledge! That's what makes this such a great forum! Just give credit where credit is due, or don't get upset when someone points it out. That's not too much to ask.

If I saw that page I would have copied it pasted it too, I am sure he did not mean to look like MR. Smartie Pants. It looks like to me he was trying to help out a fellow forum member. I would suggest that if something such as plagiarism bothers you that you give him constructive criticism on how to show credit where it is due. In your post, You brought him in front of the class and slapped his hand with a ruler embarrassing him.

73's

broncoman529 said:
In your post, you brought him in front of the class and slapped his hand with a ruler embarrassing him.
No I didn't, I just commented about it. You may be right though; he may have been trying to help without giving any thought to taking credit for it. But, I bet he'll think about it next time! I hope others will too.

We have become lazy via the Internet. We don't use proper English, we don't use proper punctuation, and we don't make any effort to communicate like we belong to an educated society. What we do do, is to accept this as being OK because, "It's just the Internet." It's sad........... :cry:

Master Chief said:
Touched a nerve, did I? Why not give credit where credit is due? Or are you upset that you were found out?

DXoutlaw22 said:
Don't you hate it when people troll the forum looking for ways to cause trouble instead of helping people? It's people like you that make people not want to help.
I don't troll looking for problems. You know that. If you don't want to help because you have an issue with stealing other people's work and taking credit for it, that's up to you.

Personally, I think it is much easier to use these.....

" "
or post a link, than take the time to cut and paste, and then edit.

Help away oh great master of knowledge! That's what makes this such a great forum! Just give credit where credit is due, or don't get upset when someone points it out. That's not too much to ask.

I thought long and hard whether I wanted to respond to this sewage spewing from your pie hole and decided I have kept my mouth shut to many times when forum know it alls started talking trash to me.
Number one you didnt touch a nerve as I really could care less what a self importent ego maniac such as yourself thinks. I think with the amount of money that I have spent with RF Parts over the years they will overlook my oversight as far as giving them credit.
I have almost 30 years of radio and electronics experiance.I have never been one to come on these forums and try to be a big shot and show off what I know.I am not here to impress anyone.There are plenty of people that enjoy that.I on the other hand have just tried to help here and there where I can while keeping my ego in check unlike others such as yourself who seem to set themselves up as the self appointed all knowing forum gods.
I dont have to rely on others to work on my equipment and my three tube type base amplifiers I built myself so look for a rookie to spew your crap at as you are nothing to me but an appliance operator trying to act importent.
I have no need to feel importent on this forum or impress anyone as I have a real life and more importent goals than being a forum super star so have fun building up your fragile ego and realize your efforts at stirring the pot are wasted on me and I will not respond to this thread again so have fun spewing.I have no time for microphone or keyboard heros.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.