• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 meter J-pole

KB3TQO

Mar 26, 2010
Chambersburg PA
Im looking to mount a six meter antenna to my rucksack if it can be done.
Ive done a J-pole for two meters using the 300 Ohm twin lead and it works great. Can this same idea work for six meters if I scale it up using the twin lead? Ive seen many posts about this through out the web, but they all lead to dead ends. Maybe for good reason. Any ideas?

I just might have to go this route if nothing else. Although, I do like the flexablity of the twin lead as Im looking to strap this on my rucksack for pedestrian mobile.
Something like this for example but for six meters

Man Pack Radio

Attachments

• diagram.gif
    diagram.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 269
"I do like the flexablity of the twin lead as Im looking to strap this on my rucksack for pedestrian mobile."
I'm wondering how you plan to keep that 'flexible' antenna extended/up-right? Only when still, or when walking? That ought to be interesting. It's certainly possible, the military has used such a thing for a lot of years, just wasn't a 'J'-pole.
Any particular reason for such a "pedestrian mobile", or just 'because'?
- 'Doc

Just because. For the two meter version, I used an old fishing pole. Not the crappie pole suggested in the Manpack build, but a regular pole, just cut the eyellets off. Not sure how for the six meter version yet but it cant be that hard. I dont know, never messed around with ladder line before, so this will be new and interesting.

Just because. For the two meter version, I used an old fishing pole. Not the crappie pole suggested in the Manpack build, but a regular pole, just cut the eyellets off. Not sure how for the six meter version yet but it cant be that hard. I dont know, never messed around with ladder line before, so this will be new and interesting.

Experimentation in the true spirit of ham radio. I like it! Good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.