• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

$60 LED Bulb

B

BOOTY MONSTER

Rebates to cut price of $60 LED bulb - seattlepi.com

"...... The bulb is the most energy-efficient yet, lasts about 20 years and is supposed to give off a pleasing, natural-looking light. But what separates it from the pack most is the price tag: $60.

Read more: Rebates to cut price of $60 LED bulb - seattlepi.com ......"

628x471.jpg

I guess if your only going to sell replacements at one every 20 years you have to put a nice price tag on it.

Six years ago I replaced all the light bulbs in my home with helical CFL's and have yet to have one burn out.

I had a CFL catch fire in my basement, thank God it happened when I was home.
They can shove those "green" bulbs up their "brown" corn holes.

The LED will be the light bulb of the future but they must bring the price down.

CFL's are better than incandescents but they create considerable heat and contain mercury...which sucks when it's time for them to go to the landfill.

Crackheads will be stealing them suckers.

And I will buy them. Attention crackheads: Go steal up some good LED medium base light bulbs and I will pay you some pennies on the dollar....but it will be enough for you to get another rock.

No matter what kind of propaganda they put out, they still have not solved the problem with heat wrecking the electronics.

I have replaced every lamp inside and out with CFL and had 0 problems to date.

(Of course I bought good quality CFL's to start with, not the cheap ones)

I don't own a single CFL, LED, or other hippie light bulb. I do, however, have 3 cases of good old Earth killer bulbs stashed away.

Neanderthal! :laugh:

Not at all. I'm just not anywhere near arrogant enough to believe that I have the power to destroy a planet that has existed for millions of years.

I'm doing all I can to increase my carbon footprint.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.