• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

69ffc4 conversion

RCI 69FFCx Frequency expansion.
EPT990014A chassis, with built in 200/400 watt amp

1. Bottom of main board, solder side, Remove 100 ohm 1/8 watt resistor on bottom of PCB in 4008-divider area.

2. Top of main board, component side. On J30, move the shorting block to pins 2-3.

3. Follow the Hi/Lo switch wire down to the main board and unplug it from J5.

4. Move it to J29, in front of J30.

5. Radio will now cover 24.265 through 29.655 in 12 bands (6 LO, 6 HI).

Reactions: Joseph m Charnigo
RCI 69FFCx Frequency expansion.
EPT990014A chassis, with built in 200/400 watt amp

1. Bottom of main board, solder side, Remove 100 ohm 1/8 watt resistor on bottom of PCB in 4008-divider area.

2. Top of main board, component side. On J30, move the shorting block to pins 2-3.

3. Follow the Hi/Lo switch wire down to the main board and unplug it from J5.

4. Move it to J29, in front of J30.

5. Radio will now cover 24.265 through 29.655 in 12 bands (6 LO, 6 HI).
The hi/lo sw does not work only goes from 26.965 to 27.405 somthin missing in the mod?

Just The jumper plug you already have done and then move the jumper from 1 set of pins to the upper pins.
Hi Jason. I don't understand what jumper you are talking about. I've seen your video on Youtube, it's a bit blurry. Would you try to explain what jumper to move ?
Thanks a lot

And for anyone interested in what the RT1 really is...

IRFZ24N

Don’t know if that’s known or not, just thought I’d toss that in here. Don’t intend to threadjack, I lost my hijacking and derailing partner.
There's a thread on the dreaded rt.1 a little while back. They are proving to be more like black cats on 4th of July. I'll opt out of the rt1 radios myself.

Yeah I’ve read that but until now I hadn’t seen it first hand. I also read where they would be dropping these mosfets but who knows? I just listed that part number in case nobody else had, cheaper to buy the actual part instead of a marked up rebadge.

Maybe converting these to 520’s would be a better option? But I’ll agree, I’d opt out of them and pick something else if I have the choice.

I've thought the 520 swap could be a more long term fix but I don't work on them everyday to see how they would do to begin with. Decrease in power but maybe not enough to really make a difference?

I'm thinking soon we'll see a flood of radios on ebay with toasted rt1 finals... if so I may pick one up to try the 520 swap.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.