• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6m and 10m are open !

There's a fella from Canada on 28.375 right now. He takes his contact to another band to try contact there and comes back . He's coming in real well.

Just made a 6m contact to

Garth, can you decipher this for me ?:D

Used my RCI-5054DX- 25w through a Hamstik dipole about 25 ft. up .

I'm not even going to try. :blink: That area has got to be the WORST for names. EVERYTHING is centered on a place named Pubnico and all points around it are called names like East Pubnico,Middle East Pubnico,Lower Pubnico, Lower West Pubnico, Lower East Pubnico,West Pubnico and God knows how many more. Never and I mean NEVER ask for directions there.:headbang

On another note,it figures 10 and 6 are open. My 6m rig is out of commission and the 10m beam is busted.:angry: Count me out for 6m Es this year. :cry:

Two nights ago I caught a nice 10m band opening, last night I didn't even turn my radios on because I had all the coax pulled in case of lightning, and I was on my way out to the local ham radio club meeting. Once I got to the meeting I was told there was a major opening on everything from 20m to 10m.....

Got a call this morning telling me there was another opening on 10m, but by the time I got out to the shack, connected everything, and got it fired up the opening must have passed because I couldn't find anything. Went to 15m and listened to a one sided QSO for a while, was going to call out to the side I heard, but he signed off QSY to look for more action. Put out a CQ for 5 minutes a few Khz's up the dial, but found no takers.

Right now the bands seem kinda dead around here, but I'll be in the shack for grey line time looking for more openings......

6 was open again today. I heard a station from Quebec and one from Ga. Wasn't sure of the location of the ones they were talking to though I heard them .

One thing I noticed is that since I put the 6m Hamstik dipole up I was getting TVI on the tv in the livingroom. I got online and found an ARRL Lab question and answer site. It stated to make an air choke at where the cable connects to the TV. I wrapped it around a plastic water bottle and taped it up . Tried it out and the tvi is gone ! :)

Yep, Only have capability on 10 at the moment and it's another great morning. From Dixie hearing and working across the north and also west to Texas. Logged several in MI. WI, NY and a couple of VE3's in Ontario.

Happy DXing !!

interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.