• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

750 maco

donemad

Jun 21, 2008
Whats makes my 750 stay keyed-up, but not all the way? It will un-key but my recieve will not come in until I switch the hi/lo switch to off pos. When I flip the switch on it keys up! Any help please......

Sounds like the relay is sticking. I have owned & operated one sine 1994 & have done just about everything you can do too them. They are a nice amp as far as sound quality & big watts goes. But what started as a $500 toy to play with is now worth $2500. Re-tubed it twice with (9) 8950's & this time I retubed it with 6lb6 tubes. A conversion kit sold on Ebay. Also replaced the transformer & caps since then. If you still have it check the relay but if you do it (make sure you discharge the caps). I call mine black betty for a reason! The charge left inside her after she is unplugged can kill you or knock you for a loop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.