• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A General Question

DragoSapien

KF5AEJ
Dec 28, 2008
Ft.Stockton, Tx.
I'm about to start studying for my general lic. and was just wondering if the test contains questions from both tech. and gen. book. Or do I just need to study the question in the gen. book.

Ham Exams...

Go Here:

http://www.eham.net/exams/

choose the "level" of the exam you wish to be quizzed upon.

The questions are right out of the VEC Question pool and are the EXACT questions that WILL be on your exam.

Study them... Take an hour a day and take the exams. Do an hour a night for two weeks. If you pass the exam, take another of the same level. Keep taking the same level over and over* one hour a night for two weeks. By the end of two weeks (ONE HOUR A NIGHT) you will have memorized the answers to every question. I assure you if you do this, you will pass the test with 95-100% accuracy. Start the exams two weeks before a scheduled VE testing session. Do it. Do it NOW. The questions you study will be the EXACT questions that will appear on the exam(s). There is no sneaky-sneaky hocus-pocus. These WILL be the questions you see on the "real" exam. You will also realize that the great majority of the questions in the pool are simply the same as some other question, only re-worded a bit.

*each time you take, for example, the "General" exam, it should ramdomize which questions out of the pool that show up on that particular exam.

Get yourself the ARRL General study guide thats all you need . My wife and kids used the ARRL Technician study guide for there Tech which is what the classes here in Wisconsin use my 9 year old daughter is currently studying from that book for her tech while the wife and my other 2 kids that are licensed are using the ARRL General book for there upgrade aswell.

PERFECT!!!(y)(y) Go through that question pool 3 times and Ide be shocked if you didnt get a damn near perfect score if not perfect. Either way you will pass just take advantage of the QRZ online practice tests and you will surely know when your ready.

Good luck although you dont need much because you will make it happen.;)

take the practice test on both eham and qrz, you will get a better mix of the question pool

The questions you study will be the EXACT questions that will appear on the exam(s). There is no sneaky-sneaky hocus-pocus. These WILL be the questions you see on the "real" exam.

In my general the questions and answers were the same, but the answers to the questions were in a different order. a) b) c) d) switched. The VEC might be sneaky that way.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.