• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A rare one for me

HomerBB

Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
This one I'm glad to report. On 27.385 LSB @ 3:20 PM CST, today, 3/19/2010, I made a call for and got a solid reply twice from 0575 Honolulu, Hawaii to my station 183 NW Arkansas. I am especially happy to do this with a barefoot DX88HL under the 5/8 homemade antenna I run from 33' at the feed point.

(y) Wish it was still open so i could try
Kind of quite here in central mo.
Was hearing Brazil on 10 meters faintly

Great news there Homer.
I hear you guys in the Southern states quite a lot and talk regularly to them. If you hear "CQ-CQ/DX World Radio one-one Northern Cal - Standing by" on 38 LSB; that's me. I'll be listening for ya!

The window was open only a few minutes. Nearly gave up trying.

As for California, I hear you guys whenever its open, my problem is a mud duck station trying to get in edgewise through the big stations. We'll keep trying.
It's AM Country Preacher, or LD183/183 NW Arkansas.

Lookin' for ya.

Last edited:
id say that confirms you did a good job on the homebrew ;) .
well done sir . :)

Today, 3:05 PM CST, 3-24-2010, I talked to Charlie Whiskey 185 in Honolulu from 183 NW Arkansas. . . barefoot on 5/8 homemade. Other frequencies provided contacts to the south, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, but despite trying to DX, our language barriers were too high.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.