• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A99 Tv Mount

Kasper

Nov 20, 2007
Manteca,Ca
The Guy across the street. Said i could have the A99 on his roof. The thing is just hooked up on the side of his house. I can't put a tower up. Will it work if I hook it onto the old tv antenna. Not in use just sitting up against my house. I want to mount it back on the roof.

if you mean the mast for the tv antenna it should be no problem . take the tv antenna off if youre not using it .

Kasper said:
The Guy across the street. Said i could have the A99 on his roof. The thing is just hooked up on the side of his house. I can't put a tower up. Will it work if I hook it onto the old tv antenna. Not in use just sitting up against my house. I want to mount it back on the roof.

You could even shove it up in a tree if you wanted kasper , I've seen those damned antenna's mounted and placed in some of the strangest ways possible and they still worked and got out pretty damned good. ;)

heres mine
DSC01763.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

kasper,
leave the TV antenna on the mast.

leave enough mast above it to mount the antron, and install on the roof.

the TV antenna will act as a groundplane, not a great one, but a groundplane nonetheless.

also, anyone running an antron 99 should be using a choke/coax balun at the base of the antenna.

look it up online, they are easy to make, and will really help with TVI from this antenna.

later all,
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.