• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adding channels

Oldtimer

May 20, 2008
Stuart Florida
When I lived back east in NJ a fellow told me ya can add channels to a Realistic 454.
Does anyone know if ya can and how to go about it.
Thanks
GOD BLESS

Realistic TRC-454
The Defpom Realistic CB Radio Adjustments Page
Lot of useful info there.

TRC-454:
modulation boost/VR702B or Cut D704
power output/L903 L907 L908

I had a friend of mine that used to have one of these years ago - it was a blast!
First CB I ever got to use.

I found out which PLL chip is in it - the LC7110.
This is important to know if considering adding extra freq's.
Perhaps Mr Fatty, LooseCannon, Radio Tech, C2, Butt Fuzz, or others will read this thread and give you the answer you seek.

The LC7110 PLL uses internal ROM and BCD inputs.

Adding extra channels would be possible by using an Expo kit.. I believe the previous poster who said a "D" kit is correct. Good luck finding one though.. I just searched forever to find two new Galaxy "N" kits for a TRC-465 and TRC-453 of mine.

Unfortunately there is no simple way to mod the radio, easiest most cost effective is to watch FeeBay for an Expo Kit.

I would probably not bother though, keep the radio as is, and buy something that covers where you want to go, That radio is a cool conversation piece, but I would leave it at that.

As for no one to talk to... Just wait if this Sunspot cycle ever gets on track....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.