• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ajm1571's wife

ajm1571

Sep 27, 2006
Fountain, MI
Some of you know what was going on with my wife but most of you don't. She had to have a shunt put in her head last week. Everything went well and she came home last Saturday.

Well everything was going fine up until yesterday. She started to feel sick and not doing so well. Took her to ER and they are shipping her back to where she had the surgery by ambulance. She had a CAT scan done an they are saying that the left side of her brain is collapsing and not working properly. Need all the prayers that we can get.
thanks,
Allen (ajm1571) and Amber

MANY thanks to all. I will keep updating as I find information out. I hope to be with her tomorrow so she does NOT have to be alone during these trying times.

Ill keep you all in my thoughts and will say a prayer over and over until she comes home to you God Bless you both keep your chin up my friend she needs your strength more than ever to help keep her going ;)

Alan, will say prayers for you and Amber. My pop has an unoperable brain tumor that is causing fluid retention, this leads to increased pressure that causes hydrocephalus. Pop loses all motor skills and gets real glassey eyed. When this first started and he got to where he could not stand I thought we were going to lose him. Doctors put in a shunt to drain pressue and all was fine until the shunt stopped up and condition returned. In the past six years he has had four revisions the last being about two years ago. It took that many attempts to find a shunt that worked well. He has been fine for these last two years and at his advanced age (82) we are happy with what the doctors have done. So just letting you know sometimes it takes more than one try. Again prayers for you and Amber.

***UPDATE***

They did spinal tap this afternoon. They are going to take her down in the early morning to reprogram her shunt so we will HOPEFULLY be home in time to spend a little bit of Easter with the kids :)

Amber wasn't able to come home for Easter, but she did come home yesterday!! She feels a little better but looks a whole lot better than the 1st time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio