• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ALLSTAR RTCM

remote1

Feb 26, 2011
Does anyone have experience getting the new ALLSTAR "Radio Thin Client Module" working. I just purchased one and it has very limited paperwork (Downloadable manual only).
Getting ready to put it together (making Cabling) and just looking for advise from anyone who had taken on the project.

I'm not really familiar with this. A quick google search indicated that this might be something used with IRLP? Can you give us a quick education on what this device is used for?

'Allstar' is another way of doing voip like IRLP or EchoLink. I understand that it's gaining popularity, and has advantages compared to the other methods. Guess that just depends on what you think is an 'advantage/disadvantage'?
- 'Doc

AllStar

As stated above AllStar is the newer form of ILRP . Using Allstar allows connection via RF, PC software, cell phone APPs. AllStar Link combines the best features of Echolink, IRLP, an autopatch, and a high-end repeater controller into a simple, freely obtainable software package that can be installed and set up, utilizing a variety of computer and radio hardware combinations.
Now I just have to connect it all together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.