• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Am Transmitter QRP

Aug 31, 2011
I am homebrewing a crystal controlled am transmitter. I want to use it on the 80 meter band and possibly on the 160 meter band for a plate modulated QRP AM transmitter. I am using a single 807 for the PA. I currently have utilized a crystal oscillator but I have a heathkit 80-10 meter VFO I would like to switch in and out so I could use either or crystals or VFO. I do not know how to calculate the impedence loading for the output stage or how to incorporated my VFO in place of the crystal oscillator. Id like to use a pi output network but don't know how to calculate the capacator or inductor values. I am not opposed to a link output but don't know how to calculate that either. I would think a pi output would be more versitile. I am also open to suggestions concerning the modulator. I have been collecting some low power modulation transformers on ebay. I have several that should work for this project. This is a vacuum tube project. I have built the power supply for the plate and screen and filament voltages for the 807 and oscillator tubes. The crystal oscillator is functioning with a nice sine wave output. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.