• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ameritron AL-1200 vs AL-1500

The why are their so many argue that one is better than the other but 1500 more sensitive to blowing it if your not careful?
Is it just preference a show off thing I can do it?

No....200 will not make 3000 but it gets close. My legal limit here is 2250 watts pep on SSB and 750 watts of carrier for any carrier mod3 like AM FM or CW. That means an AM carrier of 750 watts peaking to 3000 watts for 100% modulation. It's nice to have the headroom.

No....200 will not make 3000 but it gets close. My legal limit here is 2250 watts pep on SSB and 750 watts of carrier for any carrier mod3 like AM FM or CW. That means an AM carrier of 750 watts peaking to 3000 watts for 100% modulation. It's nice to have the headroom.

Exactly and that's what I am seeking is the headroom it gives a better safe than sorry.
I try to do my research read this and that ask even stupid questions this way in the end I have the info to choose and know what I am choosing as well.

Captain K, I think you should put your antenna up first! :LOL: Sounds like a cool project though.

Brett

THAT definitely is the plan. LOL. I had hoped to get the amp started this past winter but I had other things going on to deal with so I will get too it this fall. Besides it just gives me more time to plan it out and gather up a few more parts

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,