• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier Scout 20

Smoke

Sep 27, 2008
I need more information on a Scout 20 amplifier. Preferably a schematic if
possible!! Thanks!

Smoke

Not a schematic in existance, or at least that I have ever heard of or seen. You can search this site and the CBTricks forum and can find out as much info as there is on them. Pretty much straight forward in design and similar to a Maco. They are great amps and are rock solid if everything is right with them.

Thanks for the info! My amp has been gradually falling off in wattage. It's down to about a 100. Pretty sure that sweet tubes are good. I know that the two of them tested out to 92-94%. In this amp there are 4 sweet tubes and 4 driver tubes.
I have been told that these driver tubes seldom go bad. I'm not a technician, just a dummy looking for answers.

HMMMMMM.............I would suspect the driver tubes first. It would be good to check all of them. That would let you know where the problem is. One other thing is the HV supply. If it is lagging the wattage will drop. Above all be careful if you are not familiar with checking HV. It will ruin your day and can KILL you if the conditions are right. BTW, these are called "sweep" tubes, not sweet tubes. The majority of them were used in TV sets for the Horizontal and Vertical Deflection (sweep) of the CRT (picture tube) thus the name. I'd check the tubes first before I did anything. The tube plates (metal inside the glass) should not be running red. If so that can be a bad tube or a bias problem. Check the tubes and go from there.

BC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.