• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier World. I'm the dog who caught the car.

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
Here is an item that nobody has seen fit to scan and post to the web. It is a large-format "tabloid"-size publication that had exactly one issue, far as I can tell. Found a local video studio that has a scanner big enough. FedEx Office would have wanted over 120 bucks to scan this behemoth. Video Kitchen did it for 50 bucks plus sales tax. Still cheaper than a large-format flatbed scanner.

This is the front page alone. It's a 32 MB jpeg, just for the first page. Of course this is what happens when you scan at 9200 by 6700-odd pixels in gray scale.

The entire 20-page er, "magazine" is 634 MB.

Now I feel like the dog that caught the car. What do I do with it?

Years ago I installed a program that's supposed to create a PDF file. Never got around to using it. If it hasn't turned out to be "expire-ware" maybe that's the way to go.

Any suggestions about how to go about making this behemoth accessible on the web? This thing is definitely a notch above my graphic-arts pay grade.

Got my fingers crossed that attaching just this front page won't break the bank on excess file size.

20240206101204_00001A.jpg

Got the first 19 of 20 pages in the file before Corel PDF Fusion barfed its guts out and crashed. Page 20 is just a key to schematic diagram symbols. Won't miss it.

If you need a program to create PDF files, I would recommend you stay away from Corel PDF Fusion.

Attachments

• Amplifier_World.pdf
    11.5 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
If using a newer version of windows that ignores the hosts file, I'd throw a completely legit copy of Adobe CS6 on a virtual machine running windows 7 and never connect that VM to the internet to make sure it didn't annoy you with sales pitches for the updated version. With adobe acrobat pro 10, you just select the images or documents in a windows explorer window, right click, and select combine into pdf with acrobat. It gives you a chance to rearrange the pages before combining too.

Reactions: Cable Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.