• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amps

rustyc

Oct 30, 2011
anybody out there have any information on x force tnt 350 hd amps radio has 3 watt dead key putting out 75 watts just don't want to get burned on another amp help please rustyc

Is that on AM or SSB, I assume it's AM and if that is carrier it should not be a problem.

Would love to see a picture of it's Gizzard if you don't mind just to see if they've changed the bias circuit at all.

I used to work a mag 900 and it was very susceptible to thermal runaway when driven to hard.

Thanks.

Over the life time of these amps you radio's input wattage will dictate that.

The hi/lo switch on the front of the amp will have 2 different resistors and those 2 resistors have a maximum input wattage from the radio so you can open the amp after disconnecting the power and see what the value and wattage of those resistors are, usually a 2 and 5 watt as these are used to dampen/control over driving but they can only handle so much over driving then they will go out of tolerance due to over heating when too much wattage is applied then that's where you tend to have issues.

anybody out there have any information on x force tnt 350 hd amps radio has 3 watt dead key putting out 75 watts just don't want to get burned on another amp help please rustyc

4-5 watts key in should get 100-125 watts out. No matter what amp you buy, if you don't know how to run it you won't be happy.
3 watts in and 75 out sounds right.
I ran a Magnaforce 100 1x2290 into mine and the 350 did 100 swinging 400+ watts peak.
If someone wasn't satisfied with that amp then nothing would please them.

thanks guys that was what i was looking for booty monster so with the power turned down i should have no problem with the tnt 350hd am i correct in saying this thanks again rustyc

at 5 to 6 watts dead key it does run up to somewhere in the 100 to 125 watts its strong enough to turn on all the touch lamps in the house and it is in my truck

thanks guys that was what i was looking for booty monster so with the power turned down i should have no problem with the tnt 350hd am i correct in saying this thanks again rustyc

If it isn't the key wattage you want then you'll have to simply adjust the radio's key.

I had two of the 350's, but just one left now, although I never did use them on AM, except to just check the output.

On SSB, I was running the 2950dx @ 30 watts and was seeing 285 out. On AM I never went over 3 watts on carrier.

These are pretty well built, at least the two that I had were. I ran the same one in the mobile for 4 yrs and it talked just great.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.