• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anchorage VEC Asks FCC to Grant Lifetime Credit for Expired Licenses

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
In a Petition for Rulemaking filed with the FCC on April 15 (see below for link), the Anchorage VEC -- one of 14 Volunteer Examiner Coordinators in the US -- asked the Commission to give permanent credit to radio amateurs for examination elements they have successfully passed. This would, in effect, create a license exam credit that would be valid throughout an amateurs’ lifetime, never expirin...

More...

i haven't been there yet today, but, i'm gonna go to another "well known" site and throw some gas on the fire there.

Typically i would say No Way !!
However they are talking about Alaska..
Alaska indeed needs to have that done..
They are crazy if they deny that from taking place..

Too many people go missing up there..

I do say no way and think Alaska is no different than any other state when it comes to this. I can just imagine a ham that has not been on the air or active in any way for about 20 years and then go and get his "free" ticket to get back on the air. it's bad enough now with newbies that "know" the regulations when they pass their exam but forget all of it before the callsign is issued. I can only imagine the confusion of someone entering the hobby again after 20 years and finding out how much has changed. At least by keeping current you learn as things change.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.