• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

And these people run our country???????

They don't have to be in politics. Pick a person off the street at random and you will get the same response. A couple years ago I was walking down the street here in town when a car with Pennsylvania plates stopped me and asked where they could go skiing.This was in August and they did in fact have alpine skies on the roof. I laughed my head off and they were pissed.They had been told that you could ski year 'round here in Nova Scotia. I told them to trade them in for water skis. :tongue:

One day on the radio I was talking to a guy in Texas and told him I was in Nova Scotia. He replied by saying "Well I aint never talked to them islands off of Spain before. This is a first one for me." I just turned the dial without a response. :headbang

This is what the education system has done. No offense but I find that on the whole Americans are pretty dumb when it comes to geography especially outside of the USA. Those of us in radio have a better handle on it because we talk all over the world. (Except the guy in Texas I mentioned above) :D

I have noticed this also about people’s knowledge of geography. I'm a retired pilot and have been to every state and many countries so I've got a pretty good handle on it. But man there are some folks here in TX that don't even know where other states are ! But then again you can poke a lot of fun at my spelling and grammar.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.