• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Announcing the worldwidedx.com 2011 Spring Contest with GREAT Prizes!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
This is the official announcement of the beginning of the worldwidedx.com 2011 spring contest. OK, it's not quite Spring yet, but we can all look forward to warmer weather! There are TWO grand prize winners for this contest and the prizes are worth competing for!

Here are the rules and how you enter the contest:

All you have to do is post a review or homebrew project with pictures to earn a chance at a prize to be given away on Father's day. For every article you post on a ham radio project / review, you win a chance to win a ham radio related prize. For every article you post on a CB project/review, you get a chance to win a CB related prize. You are allowed to submit an article on a homebrew project that a friend, family member, or club built.

Pictures are required
and must be posted in your worldwidedx.com user album. You may also complement the review with videos hosted on other sites like youtube or vimeo.

Any article submitted must be posted on this site only until the contest has ended. After the contest has ended, the article may be duplicated elsewhere. Plagiarism of other articles on other sites is not permitted.

The idea is to promote quality and interesting articles. Reviews and projects qualify by being picked by administrators and moderators.

Members may nominate articles by posting a public poll in the general section with a link to the nominated thread, but administrators/moderators have final approval.

ARTICLE QUALITY COUNTS

Reviews on equipment that was provided for free can qualify for the contest at the discretion of the administrators.

Moderators and administrators can qualify for the drawing, but they remove themselves from being able to help pick other articles that qualify except by public poll if they choose to enter the contest. Moderators or administrators must declare in the general section if they intend to enter the contest.

The site owner and advertisers/sponsors are not eligible.

A separate thread will be started and maintained that lists all of the people that qualify for the contest. You get one chance for every article that qualifies. On Father's Day, a drawing will be held in each category to pick the winner.

The initial prizes are (subject to change):

Ham Radio Prize: The ICOM IC-T70A featured in the review on this site:
moleculo-albums-icom-ic-t70-picture1815-ic-t70a-front.jpg

CB Prize:

A brand new Cobra 29 LX 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Radio:

l_f01bf9c7756c498c926ceea36cb28961.jpg

So get started! You have until mid-June to enter!

Think Im gonna Redo My dual antenna bounceback Mobile beam on my C1500 pickup.

So wepost in the Review/Homebrew section??? Aloha James!!!

Think Im gonna Redo My dual antenna bounceback Mobile beam on my C1500 pickup.

So wepost in the Review/Homebrew section??? Aloha James!!!

If it's a CB project, post in some CB related section. If it's a Ham project..well I think you get the point. We can always move the thread if needed...the important thing is to post the project or review!

Im getting ready to build a few projects that can be used for either ham or cb, Do I choose? or you?

I would say that if it is a legal use of both the CB and amateur services - tuff call!

Does it qualify?
Yes it does!
It will be your fellow forum Members to nominate your article by posting a public poll.
Also, remember any article submitted must be posted on this site only until the contest has ended.
Read all the rules above, and get to work guys!!

Someone is going to get a nice ICOM IC-T70A HT and another will get a New Cobra 29 LX 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Radio!!
And everyone else, if you see a good write up on the forum, and you think it should be entered, get in there and start a poll.

Jeff

Jeff

Here is my entry for Amateur (Ham) Radio
Photo's are posted in my photo album. PDF file available in the above posting

Last edited:
I was wondering if the "HOMEMADE BASE STATION MONITOR and SWITCHING CENTER" I posted in the Homebrew section qualifies for the spring contest. I am using it with my cb base, but posted it in the amatuer homebrew section since I was uncertain where to put it in the cb section. Thanx. 73s. BTW, are you going to post a list of the qualifiers?

Last edited:
We need the Help of the Members.

Members may nominate articles by posting a public poll in the general section with a link to the nominated thread, but administrators/moderators have final approval.
We Need the Members to Nominate articles......this is where everyone come`s in the picture........If YOU think someone Project deserves to be in the running, Post up and lets get the ball rolling!

Jeff

so does that mean i can not nominate my own home-brew project to win a prize ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.