• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Annoying at5555 issue

123kid

Mar 6, 2012
My at5555 keeps throwing a hi s warning "swr warning" when on sideband.I have the radio set to show swr on transmit and it fluctuates rapid and its all over the place.My swr is fine 1.0 on 19 channel 1 1.2 channel 40 1.2 but it keeps showing a swr of 1.1 dead key ssb then fluctuates to 4.0 3.4 2.3 as i talk "naturally it cant be measured on ssb" i understand but its making the warning go haywire killing my transmit.It never did this in my base only in the mobile.It doesnt always do it but when it does its annoying.

On Galaxy's a resistor has to be changed I think. Maybe the Anytone has a similar deal unless something else is going on inside the radio that's making it change. Would'nt higher power output cause the swr to creep up?

I've read where people are having that problem. I never experienced it on the Anytone I had, nor on my CRE. I even had both set to trigger at a SWR of >2.0.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.