• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Ebay malfunction!

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Won a Cobra 25 LTD manufactured in the mid 1990s. The radio was described as new and never used. I received it and the mic bracket was screwed onto the radio plus the mic, paperwork, power wire, and radio did not have the original plastic bags that they came in. Clearly this radio looked new but was obviously hooked up.
Radio was DOA too......pa, cb don't work at all....the channel selector is blank too. No transmit or receive whatsoever. Took 2 weeks to get it and the seller doesn't answer emails.
I filed a complaint with ebay and they said if no response by 11/3 then proceed to the next step.
What is wrong with these assholes? Don't they know paypal will refund my money or are they that stupid?
That is my rant for the month.....lying and selling shit they know doesn't work is just wrong. It still will cost me the shipping back if the seller will ever email me back his address since the return address on the box was unreadable.
When paypal refunds my money he won't like my feedback. Only the second time I was ever screwed on ebay.
Time to dig out my 10 mg valium tablets, haven't needed one for months.
I would have been perfectly OK with a barely used WORKING unmolested radio for the record.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Perhaps he already withdrew the $ from paypal, and the bank account he has on file with paypal turned out to be either closed or empty. You might get a refund, but someone is going to be out, and unless they find him, it won't be him.

If the dishonest seller already removed the funds from his PayPal account, it doesn't matter. If PayPal rules in your favor the funds will be removed from the sellers account even if it means his account will have a negative balance as a result.

If you get refunded and can keep the radio; start by replacing the protection diode.
It is found at D17 near the power plug; its a 1N4003.
Cost ya about $.05
;)

Last edited:
He should also beable to visually see the diode burnt and most likely smell it you can also test the pins in the power socket with a VOM and check for Continuity.

If you get refunded and can keep the radio; start by replacing the protection diode.
It is found at D17 near the power plug; its a 1N4003.
Cost ya about $.05
;)

It's getting power, the meter lights up and the 2 color receive/transmit led illuminates on transmit and receive. Nothing else works. I got it for $64 shipped and that won't hurt....but it's the principle. This version of the 25 LTD and the 25 GTL NOS is what I want.
Dishonest people and politicians should all take a barrel ride over Niagra falls. :laugh:

Yoo!

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes on ebay! So far my 3rd radio has been great. It was sold as not working. Didn't receive or transmit. Turns out the guy forgot to set it from PA to CB and also hook up a mic... Works great! This was for a Cobra 148 GTL

And kudos to Robb... He saved me from making a stupid mistake and replacing the regulator transistor! :)

Here in a few days a 2nd Uniden Grant XL should roll in the door.

I don't E-Bay any more, Don't like that Pay-pal and Fleebay sleep in the same bed and resulotion sucks by protecting dishonest sellers and Buyers. I thought you have the option to withhold funds until the item is received as described, and a resulotion has been made or both partys agree. Cash in hand and Local outdoor or indoor flee market,you can bring a good antenna and a powersupply to plug in somewhere, or an cig adpter with a power cord can be bought for 5 bucks. also seen some nice radios on craigs list. you have to be fast when hunting there.
Best of luck..... and all those fees from peepal and fleebay:cry:

Reactions: 1 person
Hey Psycho, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I still cant bring myself to buy anything radio related from Ebay. Too many screwdriver jockeys out there. It's a shame an A hole coward like that got under your skin. Hope you go easy on your Valium. Peace.

I don't E-Bay any more, Don't like that Pay-pal and Fleebay sleep in the same bed and resulotion sucks by protecting dishonest sellers and Buyers. I thought you have the option to withhold funds until the item is received as described, and a resulotion has been made or both partys agree. Cash in hand and Local outdoor or indoor flee market,you can bring a good antenna and a powersupply to plug in somewhere, or an cig adpter with a power cord can be bought for 5 bucks. also seen some nice radios on craigs list. you have to be fast when hunting there.
Best of luck..... and all those fees from peepal and fleebay:cry:

I've been an eBay member for a very long time and I sure can say they got overly greedy when PayPal joined up with eBay. It's completely inappropriate that eBay now requires you to use PayPal rather than giving the seller the option to choose a money order. The only logical reason for this was to insure eBay could run the seller through the ringer twice!

I've also found out the they both automatically side with the buyer in any dispute, forcing the seller to fight for their rights. I've had PayPal do a charge back without any notice simply because a customer lied and claimed they never received the product. Even though I had signed delivery confirmation from the USPS is still took weeks before PayPal returned my money.

Surprisingly, I never have this problem with sales on my website and I accept PayPal their too. It seems many unscrupulous people have located themselves on eBay in particular and have learned how to manipulate the system.

Today, I only use Ebay for what it's good for. If I have a rare item for sale and want to get ten times what it's worth, eBay is certainly a good place to inflate prices on these items. As a buyer, I'll only purchase from someone with extensive positive feedback and that clearly accepts returns.

I've been an eBay member for a very long time and I sure can say they got overly greedy when PayPal joined up with eBay. It's completely inappropriate that eBay now requires you to use PayPal rather than giving the seller the option to choose a money order. The only logical reason for this was to insure eBay could run the seller through the ringer twice!

I've also found out the they both automatically side with the buyer in any dispute, forcing the seller to fight for their rights. I've had PayPal do a charge back without any notice simply because a customer lied and claimed they never received the product. Even though I had signed delivery confirmation from the USPS is still took weeks before PayPal returned my money.

Surprisingly, I never have this problem with sales on my website and I accept PayPal their too. It seems many unscrupulous people have located themselves on eBay in particular and have learned how to manipulate the system.

Today, I only use Ebay for what it's good for. If I have a rare item for sale and want to get ten times what it's worth, eBay is certainly a good place to inflate prices on these items. As a buyer, I'll only purchase from someone with extensive positive feedback and that clearly accepts returns.

Not to mention that Ebay charges their fees based on the shipping cost too. Now if that isn't wrong, what is.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.