• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

another good score???

doc919

Dec 6, 2012
mid south tennessee
Just last night picked up a Texas star dx 350 hd from a driver getting out of trucking for $100. Seems to work well with no obvious dents,scratches etc. The inside looks practically new also,with no odor of any burnt components. He had it on & was using it while selling. Sounded good without it being overdriven from a connex 3300 hp swinging 18w. He sold that too with another radio for $125. .. Anyhow!! Would this radio be better driven wit a single mosfet final galaxy dx949 or would it do better with a dual final radio such as a ranger superstar 3900 hp. Also, what would be the proper setup for this box? From the radio(box off) deadkey,swing? What would be the best gauge wire to run this on(in a semi)? Results? All info is helpful!! Thanks in advance 73's

this one does not have the ssb switch on the front,but there is a dely switch on the rear. Would it still do ok on ssb

Will work fine on SSB, they stopped putting the SSB delay on the front.
Put a fan on it

Would this radio be better driven wit a single mosfet final galaxy dx949 or would it do better with a dual final radio such as a ranger superstar 3900 hp

It will be fine with both of the radios you listed, just set them up properly, limit dead key in and limit the peak SSB power if necessary ..... what radio are you running now?
Put a fan on it.

what would be the proper setup for this box?

What ever it takes to make it dead key about 70/80watts on AM and let it go from there, limit peak input to 20 watts or less.
SSB, again keep peak input to less than 20 watts.
Put a fan on it.

What would be the best gauge wire to run this on(in a semi)?

10 or 8 gauge will be fine
Put a fan on it.

If you put a clean signal into it you will get a clean signal out of it as long as you do not drive it too hard.
About 275/300 watts peak output
Put a fan on it.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
On initial testing I put it with my galaxy dx 949. With my cheap meter in truck it showed on key up @ 80 watts,the swing in not sure of cause cheap meyer only goes up to 100watts in truck. Audio reports I got back was crisp clean audio.So that was a + to hear. Thanks again for all the help. I will have to get a lo get wire as this one is cut just passed the fuse. Thanks again.:sleep:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.