• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another IMAX 2000 question

Prob is radials unless some who have very very limited space cannot spread radials out again in a delema. Use as long as you can get and end cool rest of length? In just taking a wild shot if one can.

put down what you can for radials and then use the antenna, make some contacts and have some fun

Reactions: 2RT307
LOL Gary you should have seen how well a top loaded 96 foot vertical with 120 radials worked on 80 and 160m. When I decommissioned an old AM site we loaded the antenna up for some fun one fine January night and had a ball blasting into Europe with 100 watts. Prior to that we loaded a 160 foot vertical also with 120 radials but a much better site. It was to become the new AM site and we tried it before we moved and the other site after the move. 100 watts was 40/9 into western Europe on both 80 and 160m . We had a ball those couple nights.

CK: Worked at a site during a shortwave transmitter retrofit many years ago.
The antennas were already erected:
Twin TCI 611 dipole curtains between 185' towers...
One aimed at Africa other at S. Am.....
Hooked up a DRAKE TR-4C couple evenings on 40/20 meters....
Imagine the pile-ups we heard loading 250 watts into these "little" wonders :) :)

All the Best
Gary

CK: Worked at a site during a shortwave transmitter retrofit many years ago.
The antennas were already erected:

Twin TCI 611 dipole curtains between 185' towers...
One aimed at Africa other at S. Am.....
Hooked up a DRAKE TR-4C couple evenings on 40/20 meters....
Imagine the pile-ups we heard loading 250 watts into these "little" wonders :) :)

All the Best
Gary

OK you got me beat. LOL

OK you got me beat. LOL

That was not my point....You had the location and you did it on 160/80 meters(y)...
I had to do it from the Central US and had to use 40/20 meters since the antennas were basically unity gain below 6 MHz....
We both got to experience some RADIOFUN... some op's only Dream about, even just for a few hours....
Next, operate from one of those BIG Contest stations with 3 elements on 160/80/40m with a 3cx3000 amp and a FTdx9000 (400w version) to drive it with;):ROFLMAO::D
Legal limit of course!!!!
Can U hear me Now!
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: wavrider
I am not sure if it happened or not but before the decommissioning of Radio Canada International's big SW site in Sackville New Brunswick there was talk of an amateur operation there using the big curtain arrays which had decent gain even on 40m. MANY years ago I worked a Dutch station operating from the new East Flevoland SW site in The Netherlands. His 400 watts onto a MONSTER electronicaly steerable curtain array was really sounding great on this end.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.