• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

another newbie ????

505NJ

I am a little confused, no code tech can operate above 50mhz, but the more I look at different web sites the more confused I get. there seems to be alot of different freq allocations out there than i thought. some freq are just for repeaters, some just for cw, some for baud. I cant seem to find a specific list of these are the freq you can talk on, and these are the ones for morse code, and baud and tv and blah, blah, blah. Maybe I need a vacation........And whats the highest freq a no code can use????? I need a vacation.......

And if it says ssb, fm thats it you can only use usb, lsb, fm,,,
no am????

http://www.icomamerica.com/downloads/US_UHF_VHF_Band_Chart.PDF

This chart use to be clear, but it shows SSB allowed in places where it is not.

Not much AM on VHF and above except for 6 meters, 50.400 I think.

What is allowed, and what is acepted are 2 different things. Every once in a while some FM stations will show up on 144.200. Instead of switching to FM and asking them to leave, every one will point at them and blast him with a few KW of SSB.

As for the highest frequency? There is a band at most harmonics well into the microwave region, but that is all home brew stuff up there.

Icom makes stuff up in the 10 Gig range that enables voice

realisticlly few go above 70cm though for voice
even though there are privliges afforded on 900 mhz and 1.2 gig bands

there seems to be a posible push of people going to the 1200 mhz band....still not many repeaters up there and talking simplex there is not realistic past say 30 to 50 miles

What freq can I use with a Tech License?

Just go to the ARRLS web site and go to operations or Freq privledges and look at the chart.As it goes you OPERATE ANYWERE FROM 6MTRS TO 900GHZ IN CERTAIN BANDS.
Paul-K8PG CW LIVES

i looked at the arrl site but the charts are for the old licenses and i was sure were the new licenses freq were.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.