• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Adapter??

KOBO

Wood Butcher
Greetings one and All..

I have a old magnetic mount antenna that I would like to use the base for testing other newer antennas, such a s a wilson 2000.

019617f7ca1292df441fd841c9f1da876g.jpg

Is there a adapter to convert this older mount so I can use it with a 3/8 thread antenna?

TIA

Have a Magical Day

K

I use a similar base, and run a Wilson 1000 or a Sirio/RM Z-180 most of the time w/xlnt results.

It might be easier to buy a mag mount with the 3/8 x 24 thread. Seen them @ Fry's Electronics for a song. The coax was crappy; I'd change it out to a better piece though...

Never seen a converter as you asked/described . . .

It might be easier to buy a mag mount with the 3/8 x 24 thread. Seen them @ Fry's Electronics for a song. The coax was crappy; I'd change it out to a better piece though....

Yeah, that is probrobly the direction I will be heading in, just wanted to see though if I could make use of something I have had around......for maybe the last 30 or so years:eek:

Never seen a converter as you asked/described . . .

Okey Dokey. thanks anyway.

Have a Magical Day

K

custom adapter

Greetings one and All..

I have a old magnetic mount antenna that I would like to use the base for testing other newer antennas, such a s a wilson 2000.

019617f7ca1292df441fd841c9f1da876g.jpg

Is there a adapter to convert this older mount so I can use it with a 3/8 thread antenna?

TIA

Have a Magical Day

K

Call Jerry Cash @ 330-896-3485 in Canton, Ohio- He has a machine shop, and builds an adapter for this situation. He also builds antennas and mounts.

I would like to know what that connector is called, and dont tell me it is a PL-259 or SO-239 because the polarity is reversed.

I know this is an old thread but since it has been revived, there is an excellent commercially available adapter called a Comet AD-35M SO-239 to 3/8X24 Adapter. I believe MFJ also has a version of this (MFJ-7710) that looks identical.

Sorry after looking again this appears to be the wrong gender.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned