• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna analyzer

Dutchman11

Sep 9, 2013
I am in the market for an analyzer and have been looking at the Rigexpert AA-170 anyone have any experience with one. Want to start building some of my own antennas mainly in the 2 meter range to start but need a good analyzer let me know what you guys think.

Since I don't own one you should take this with a large 'grain of salt'. I've read the reviews and know of one person that has one. The reviews so far have sort of struck a 'center of the road' thingy, not exactly a confirmation in either direction, and they need some 'salt' added to keep things sort of even, you know? My only reason for not trying one of them is the cost, ro at least the prices I've seen (haven't shopped around).
Antenna analyzers are definitely a handy tool to have around (I've had one of those 'unmentionable' named one since they first came out).
The one person who has one that I know of seems to be happy with it. He has used one of those 'other brand' ones, so I figure it must be an improvement. The 'Rigexpert' analyzer isn't a 'lab-grade' instrument, it's in the same general classification as the MFJ-259. It really depends on how well the user understands what an analyzer can do and just how accurate the end result has to be.
So, after reading all that, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time.
- 'Doc

(Have I got a deal for you! If you get one and don't like it, I will give you 10% of the purchase price you gave for it, howz-zat for a deal, huh?? You pay shipping of course.)

Reactions: 1 person
The current rigexpert line is at least a step above the MFJ's if only because they have the ability to determine the difference between a positive X and phase vs a negative X and phase. If you just want to tune existing antennas that won't make that much of a difference in the end, however if you want to design antenna matching networks it can make all the difference in the world...

The DB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1