• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna ID

spider87

Aug 2, 2010
Guys,

Neighbor has this antenna. Is this just an old TV antenna or what is it? I'm not good at that yet and I want to know if he's into ham and stuff too. He's not a very friendly guy in person so I just want to know about this antenna just out of curiousity haha. That and there are a ton of these in our area.

Thanks,
A

EDIT: Guess it'd be important to upload the picture...

Attachments

• at2.jpg
    at2.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 133

It's a wideband television antenna meant for VHF channels, the longer elements, and UHF, the shorter elements configured in what is called a corner reflector. The minute you said there are a ton of them in the area i knew it wasn't a ham antenna even before I saw the picture.

It's a wideband television antenna meant for VHF channels, the longer elements, and UHF, the shorter elements configured in what is called a corner reflector. The minute you said there are a ton of them in the area i knew it wasn't a ham antenna even before I saw the picture.

Well, we live in a rural area. I figured it might be still. lol

I've seen a lot of taller vertical antennas what I'm assuming are CB base? They appear to be 24' Imax because they're about as tall as a 2 story house plus about 3-4'. Sound about right?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.