• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna length for walkie talkie

Oh.. been wondering.. will I need to install some kind of a counterpoise to increase efficiency? Just wondering..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (9).jpg
    s-l1600 (9).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9
There is a write-up about it, Here

10 meter and 12 Meter...posted in 2011, so I can hope they made some improvements...

IT will need help in antenna and counterpoise.

So since I know so little about that "box" I can only hope the BNC contains a separate connector you can use to hook up coax to a more dedicated antenna - even a thown-up-into-a-tree - can help

Thank you.. yes.. was wondering if after installing a 130cm / 51" (1/8 wave) BNC connected antenna an counterpoise would improve the performance of the handheld radio. Probably I can attach a wire into the "negative" part of the BNC to act as a counterpoise and still been able to maintain the portability (keeping it as a handheld) of the whole set up. But is it worth it? That is my question... Thanks...

Sometimes, I'll just use an adapter so I can run the AH100 to an external antenna. That antenna is frequently my simple little 1/4 wave dipole: a 102" piece of 3/4" aluminum; a rail mount and a 102" stainless steel whip on top. I take it on my boat and have managed to talk to Hawaii's big island while I was anchored off an island here in the Keys running barefoot.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
TRC-217 - That jack for the EXT antenna..

Does it look like this....
upload_2020-10-4_12-25-44.png

Then you need a Motorola to SO-239....

Looks like a long stereo plug - adapted to an SO-239...
s-l1000.jpg

Also goes by AD259X
AD259X.jpg

Speaking of adapters... years later... I wonder if anyone has seen any adapters for the TRC-207 type antennas. Those are just a threaded female end on the radio. Would love to be able to adapt that to a female BNC.

Has anyone noticed that the center pin of the BNC connector on the HATA antenna is thicker than it should be?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned