• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Question,,Maco vs. Mosley

Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
I finally decided on my antenna. I have Mosley building me the 3 element beam. Been looking everywhere on line for this yagi model, but no luck! Heard the entire story about mr yagi.
Asked Mosley if this beam is built on the theory of Yagi. Very close.
Was going to get the Maco, but I saw one in Long Island and the person is very happy with it. Made stronger than the maco. They use 05/8 for the tubing and I also saw the maco version and it looks stonger. Hopefully it is.
I am in Vermont and can't get over this mountain right behind my home. My 99 isn't doing it. Checked out all the ominis and almost got one of the Sirios, but finally decided on this beam.
Can anyone tell me if these antennas are as good as the maco.
The guy I spoke with and still am talking with tells me how they get their gain factor. I finally understand this gain factor thing.
It also has the gamma match.

Thanks..

Henry

I knew a guy who ran a 3 element Mosley and liked the build quality and said it worked as well as a Maco but was built better. Im getting ready to put up a 5 element Maco H/V but if and when it messes up I will build one using DX engineering parts.

Mosley is far better constucted and also a breeze to assemble pre drilled & color coded no measuring plus the hardware is of better grade. I've had both and would buy the Mosley before another Maco purley on construction and ease of assembly they both performe the same.

If you are trying to get over a mountain, your Vertical "E-plane" is the problem, not the H-plane. Although the beam may intensify your signal in one direction, it sounds like you would be better off raising the antenna higher off the ground. Hopefully you're at a distant far enough from the mountain, that your take off angle will finally win. In this case, it's possible a lower gain quarter wave antenna may be better, due to it's higher take off angle with all things being equal.

Mosley

I have a TA 33 from my grandfather but didn't have a chance to put it up living in HOA townhouses and now a very small lot. I know hams though who hav Mosleys from TA33, Mini 33 to Pro 96s and the quality and ease of putting them together is awesome. The construction is bombproof and several of friends went through many cycles of ice and snow with no problems. Know this is a very late posting but hopefully you got a Mosley.(y)

MOSLEY

MACO - CB, Mosley - Ham

So there ya go

You are aware that MOSLEY does make CB & HAM antennas? They have been in business OVER 60 years & some of their ORIGINAL antennas are still being used TODAY.I know they work GREAT & the QUALITY is SECOND to NONE! Current TA-53M user/owner & previous TA-33JR that was over 20 years old that worked PERFECT! (y)

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.