• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any CB'ERS IN eastern, PA??

jerzeyj420

Nov 10, 2009
I have been out of radio since 99' when CB radio died here in NJ. Soon i am going to be making frequent trips to eastern, PA. (wikes-barr area) travelling through poconos, east sroudsberg, albrightsvile. Basically along rt.80 area. Is it worth hooking up a mobile rig? Anyone know of any "home-channels' in the area? Or any high elevation points in eastern, PA i could try to park n shoot some DX? Thanks!!

ill beout of range but im in northwest pa.theres a group of guys on 22am over in that area
not sure if there that far east.also on 38lsb in clarion ,pa theres a few guys on in evenings
i can talk to if its quiet.how far west ya coming

ill beout of range but im in northwest pa.theres a group of guys on 22am over in that area
not sure if there that far east.also on 38lsb in clarion ,pa theres a few guys on in evenings
i can talk to if its quiet.how far west ya coming

Probably as far west as wilkes-barr or so. My in-laws just bought a house in albrightsville also. I think im gonna give it a shot...maybe get a wilson 1000 or 108 whip and hook up my president lincoln or ranger rg-99 and see if i can make a few contacts in the poconos area (i think there is some good elevations to really get out over there).

There are some guys in the Poconos who talk on 27.565 LSB every AM so you could try them.

I am in South East/Central PA but doubt if we can talk but if you want to try we are on CH14 AM every evening starting 5-6 PM.

i live down here in Laplata MD. and hear a lot of guys out & around Gettysburg PA. on 27.3850 LSB and 27.4250. in the late night like after 12:00am seems ch.28 AM has a bunch up in NJ.,No MD. PA & WVA. early mornings from around 5:00 am ch.22 AM has traffic from western MD. northern MD. WVA,& PA.

Probably as far west as wilkes-barr or so. My in-laws just bought a house in albrightsville also. I think im gonna give it a shot...maybe get a wilson 1000 or 108 whip and hook up my president lincoln or ranger rg-99 and see if i can make a few contacts in the poconos area (i think there is some good elevations to really get out over there).

id choose the 108 whip with president lincoln when ya leaving date,time ,ill listen but dought il hear ya

I have a place up there..
But wasn't there much this past summer..
and frankly the winters up there are on the brutal side ( lots and lots of snow)
in the greater mountains up there...rather silent..
But in poconos there are quite a few on

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.