• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Glock Owner's ?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
I'm thinking about getting a Model 19 for carry. I like the high capacity magazine idea. They seem to be the choice of LEO departments.

Anybody have one? Have anything bad to say about Glocks from experience?

Thanks

The safety does not suck donkey balls.

I have a Glock 19. I like it A LOT. Glocks take a bit of getting used to if you're used to 1911's or Sigs, or whatever because the ergonomics are a little different. People tend to shoot low and to the left (if you're right handed) at first.

The nice thing about the Glock is that they're nearly impossible to beat up. You can't tarnish them and they just work period. Put some good night sights on them if that's your thing. Also, the new Gen 4 Glocks have a little smaller grip. That's not a concern for me as the Gen 3 that I have fits me perfect. You can still get the Gen 3 model, so try it out and see which one you like better.

Do not chamber a round until you want to or need to discharge the weapon.

Or, get a holster that covers the trigger. It is impossible for a Glock to fire unless you depress the trigger safety. Don't put your finger inside the trigger grip unless you intend to fire. Practice drawing the weapon without putting your finger inside the trigger guard until the weapon is clear of the holster.

Or, get a holster that covers the trigger. It is impossible for a Glock to fire unless you depress the trigger safety. Don't put your finger inside the trigger grip unless you intend to fire. Practice drawing the weapon without putting your finger inside the trigger guard until the weapon is clear of the holster.

My statement was purely safety oriented and not based on any experience with this weapon.

I myself do not or would not carry a weapon unless I intended on using it and do as you suggest when doing so.

Guns don't shoot people, stupid people shoot themselves.

I have had a 19 and a 23, never a problem.

Using an Uncle Mikes size 15 holster for strong side carry, a T shirt made it hard to see.

I've gone swimming with the 19 and never a bit of rust, never a failure.

I appreciate the comments guys. I've never owned a semi-auto pistol. Have had a large K frame S&W model 15 38spl for many years. Like the ultra high reliability with a quality revolver.

Just liking the idea of having 15-17 & up round capacity. Plus the S&W is heavy on the belt. The Glock will be slimmer and more comfortable to carry. Thanks Airplane. I'll look at the HK.

I personally don't give a hoot on such an ugly gun. I like pretty stuff that works well. I love colt 45's and I carry everyday in my jewelry store and I carry a desert eagle 45 10 shots plus 1 and all chromed up and dang it shoots good. you don't need alot of rounds if you shoot well and with a 45 it don't take but 1 round to do the job, I only want to shootem once! remember the IMI destert eagle designed and built by the Isralies and trust me they know how to make guns.

Attachments

• donkey balls.jpg
    donkey balls.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 235
I personally don't give a hoot on such an ugly gun. I like pretty stuff that works well. I love colt 45's and I carry everyday in my jewelry store and I carry a desert eagle 45 10 shots plus 1 and all chromed up and dang it shoots good. you don't need alot of rounds if you shoot well and with a 45 it don't take but 1 round to do the job, I only want to shootem once! remember the IMI destert eagle designed and built by the Isralies and trust me they know how to make guns.

Nice blaster but all loaded up the thing weighs 37 pounds mister.

What if 12 guys come at ya all with shooters? You'll wish you had a few more pops. Dangit boy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.