• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Glock Owner's ?

I have a Taurus model 111BP-12 in 9mm that holds 12+1 and personally love it. I went looking for the taurus judge but tried this at the range and ended up buying it. I've owner Glock's and just wasn't impressed. I have a Benelli Vinci 12 gauge with all black synthetic stock for home defense. Also a few 22's and shotguns but these are my main 2.(y)

My concealed sidearm is a KelTec P11 9mm... It holds 12+1 and I keep a spare 12rd mag for it.

My on-duty weapon is a Kimber Custom II 1911 .45.

Hard to beat a Kimber. They make an excellent weapon.

Nothing negative for the 19.

Give consideration for the weight the high round count adds up to. For the LEO that not a issue for all the other gear he/she carries. If it gets heavy to carry it is likely to stay at home. LEOs can be in a fire-fight situation where every round counts. For personal concealed carry and a defensive perspective if I can't get the job done in a 6+1 single stack auto I allowed myself to get in a very bad situation without paying attention.

Just my 2 cents (y)

I'm thinking about getting a Model 19 for carry. I like the high capacity magazine idea. They seem to be the choice of LEO departments.

Anybody have one? Have anything bad to say about Glocks from experience?

Thanks

Nothing negative for the 19.

Give consideration for the weight the high round count adds up to. For the LEO that not a issue for all the other gear he/she carries. If it gets heavy to carry it is likely to stay at home. LEOs can be in a fire-fight situation where every round counts. For personal concealed carry and a defensive perspective if I can't get the job done in a 6+1 single stack auto I allowed myself to get in a very bad situation without paying attention.

Just my 2 cents (y)

I appreciate all the comments MC. I love my S&W model 15. Had it a long time and it was my dad's. Just too bulky to carry on the belt and totally sucks for any conceal type carry. I don't care anything about pretty/ugly. I went by a gun shop today and held a G19 for the first time. Loved the feel. I think they're cool. Although looks aren't that important to me I do like the black-tactical appearance of it. The one I looked at was a 3rd Gen 19C and had the white dot top sights. I was very impressed with it.

Guy said they would soon be getting in the same model in Gen 4. I can look it up, but anyone know what the new difference is going to be? ..... and a price increase to go along with it?

Thanks!

I have a Taurus model 111BP-12 in 9mm that holds 12+1 and personally love it. I went looking for the taurus judge but tried this at the range and ended up buying it. I've owner Glock's and just wasn't impressed. I have a Benelli Vinci 12 gauge with all black synthetic stock for home defense. Also a few 22's and shotguns but these are my main 2.(y)

King Daley and Rhambo say that you are a criminal.

Glocks are great guns just not my cup of tea....

I agree with what the other guys said, keep your bugger hook off the bang switch unless you are on target ready to neutralize a threat.

My daily carry is a Colt Delta Elite, 10mm with two extra mags, and a Ruger LCR or an LCP as my BUG's (back up guns)

Am M1 carbine in the trunk with two thirty rounders jungle clipped.

Momma carries A Dan Wesson Valor and an LCP as her BUG.

The difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 is two-fold (going off the top of my head): First is about ergonomics. The grips are slightly smaller/different on the Gen 4. A lot of people couldn't reach the mag release with their thumb without sliding their hand around on the previous models, so they attempted to fix that. The other changes are inside with the springs. I haven't shot a Gen 4 yet, so I can't tell you from experience what the spring changes feel like.

Is this going to be a CCW carry gun? You might want to take a look at some 1911 style guns in .45ACP also. Take a look at a Colt Commander or similar style from other brands. They are a little slimmer than the Glocks, so a lot of people like they way they carry as a result. I have a full frame 1911 and would love to get a Commander sized one for carry, as well.

Yeah Mo CCW is part of it. Biggest draw with Glock is the 15+ mag capacity. What is the capacity of the standard CCommander 45?

If 12 bad guys are on you and you only have 11 bullets then you gotta ask two of 'em to line up for your double shot! I saw a new smith and wesson 45 long revolver stainless and it also ahoots 45 acp, that would be a decent backup for a .45 carry gun.
Get a .45 and get her done!

A 45 long revolver as a back up? Man you're one big dude and I'm stayin' out of your way and on your good side.

It sounds like a big gun but is'nt it'l shoot 410 shotgun or 45 long colt or 45 acp. It's good to have your back up the same bullet as the carry! that'l give you three options in case!

All Glocks have a mushy trigger pull, with a somewhat long pull thanks to the design.

I carry with an HK P7 or a Springfield 1911A1. Both have very short, sweet, and crisp trigger pulls.

Don't get fixated on one brand. Try everything, then make your decision.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.