• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any info on a Midnight express 250 amplifier ?

roscopeco

Jul 1, 2016
Mcloud,Ok
Hello there, new to site, Sometime back I bought this Midnight express amp from a cb shop they said it puts out 200 watts, charged me an arm and leg come to find out later they did a number on me. Got it to put it in my truck with a cobra LTD 29, but never really got it going, thinking it about really putting into use but now have a General Lee running at 40 watts, any info or suggestions greatly appreciated, it has just a hi/ low switch and power switch on it, thnx

Going to need more information. Never heard of that amplifier, what finals or "pills" are in that amp? You might have to pop the cover and see what it looks like. After that we can figure out if the amp is a low drive, high drive and so on. Are you sure the amp did not say Midnight Special 250?

Like this http://www.xforceamps.com/item/Midnight-Special-MS250-M-113
Thanx for comeback 9C, my bag on the model type, just typed what first came to my mind without making sure, will get it and check it out, thnx

A couple of pics of it would go a long way!! I understand if you do t want to post them, but it's the best way to help us see what you have. The name could be made by a bunch of different companies. Or some more detailed info. Pics are IMO, the best. 2-4 pics showing front side and back at least. Good luck finding out what it is. Hard to tell with just a name and very little detail. Good day.

Thaxton guys for feedback, got some pics, didn't take cover completely off as didn't have necessary tools and looked like a bit of a delicate job .thnx

Attachments

• 20160702_082251.jpg
    20160702_082251.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 340
  • 20160702_081629_001.jpg
    20160702_081629_001.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 417
  • 20160702_082200.jpg
    20160702_082200.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 307
  • 20160702_075047_001.jpg
    20160702_075047_001.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 331
Thaxton guys for feedback, got some pics, didn't take cover completely off as didn't have necessary tools and looked like a bit of a delicate job .thnx[/QUOTE]
I see a burnt resistor on the circuit that stayed on the cover.

I see a burnt resistor on the circuit that stayed on the cover.
Don't hit that amp with high drive radio.

Last edited:
That is an economy amps made by X-force. Info can be found is on it from X-Force's website which is xforce.com. If you google that amp this is what comes up. Note the photo below.
The new ones come with the Power Pill transistors or PP70's which is supposed to be an equivalent to the Toshina 2290's. Or those may mot be the original transistors either the Toshiba 2290's unless that is an older amp or someone had them added. I don't know. But I do know it's a class C amp. I am not an aamp tech so I'll let them tell you about the way it operates more in detail. But like said, keep the input low. Dead key as well as PEP wattage. JMHO. But I would have it looked at before you keep messing with it. You may end up damaging it worse than it possibly already is. Again, JMO. Hope this helps. Good day

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 349
  • image.png
    image.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 307
That is an economy amps made by X-force. Info can be found is on it from X-Force's website
That is an economy amps made by X-force. Info can be found is on it from X-Force's website which is xforce.com. If you google that amp this is what comes up. Note the photo below.
The new ones come with the Power Pill transistors or PP70's which is supposed to be an equivalent to the Toshina 2290's. Or those may mot be the original transistors either the Toshiba 2290's unless that is an older amp or someone had them added. I don't know. But I do know it's a class C amp. I am not an aamp tech so I'll let them tell you about the way it operates more in detail. But like said, keep the input low. Dead key as well as PEP wattage. JMHO. But I would have it looked at before you keep messing with it. You may end up damaging it worse than it possibly already is. Again, JMO. Hope this helps. Good day

which is xforce.com. If you google that amp this is what comes up. Note the photo below.
Thnx a million there 222DBFL for all the info and help. I will check and do as suggested, already I have learned much from everybody's assistance and suggestions, have a good day

Nice little XForce trucker amp with Toshibas in it as mentioned. Good stuff. You could run a small 12 VDC fan over the heat sink to help it last longer.

Reactions: 222DBFL
There you go, there is a link in my first post that will take you to the X-Force web site where they sell that amp. Should have all the specs as well. Decent little amp for the money.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio