• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any info. Spark-O-Matic CB 5100 Base

E412B

Oct 25, 2015
Just got this CB today. Price was right $0.00. Was given to my brother. Was then given to me.
Any info would be appreciated. It does transmit and receive.

IMG_20151129_174137.jpg IMG_20151129_174116.jpg IMG_20151129_174401.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Great 40 channel base station with really nice audio when fed by a good power desk mic like a Turner +2 (or in my case, a Syncron with built in compressor and a touch of reverb) Plus, it's already factory wired for any standard Cobra 4 pin mic.

bSNipXt.jpg

It has a twin sister, the LLoyds A510 40 CH CB base station, but I've yet to see one of those in person. I know you'll enjoy it! (y)

It will be a little while before I talk on this thing. Just stuck a little wil on the metal roof.
Got the other half to listen while I went to truck. She heard me and told me to get back in the house. (I'm not hen pecked, I've got got a good hen at home. Ha-ha)

I'm going to try to build a dipole and see how the dipole does on a uniden 510 before I hook it up to this base.
Saw whats looks like a good post on here for building a dipole.
From what I read they can be build out of 2 coat hangers.
The only problem is I'm down in a hollow. So don't know how well I'll get out.

I'm still looking for info on it. Looks like I just got a little. Still trying to figure out the auto on/off but only had it for about 30 minutes.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the DX/Local switch is basically an attenuation switch. The local side of the switch will be the attenuated side per say vs the DX side of the switch. Makes receive louder when on DX vs Local. Or it should. Some work well, some don't. Not familiar with your radio, but I know what the switch does on other radios. BBB might be able to tell you more as he has a couple of these radios.

Yes, run it in the DX position for general listening. Switch to Local when someone is very close to you and you want to filter out anyone else farther out.

Hard to beat an 11 meter home brew 1/4 wave wire ground plane antenna hung high up in a tree when cost is a consideration. Just need a single SO239 coax connector, 14 gauge wire, rope and a soldering iron. Just make sure you get all the wires cut to the proper length and feed it with some good low loss coax from the radio.

http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/?fabricating-cb-antennas,135

Quarter_Wave_Ground_Plane_detail_M0MTJ.png

Just a reference drawing for how to mount it. This one shows a terminal block at the wire junction, but the SO 239 is the way to go:

GPTREE.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.