• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Kenwood experts out there,TS-440 scan problem.

chris.s

Dec 4, 2005
Hello to all on the forum,local ham in my area has a ts-440 that has been working fine for years and when he was using it on 40 meters it started to scan by itself and will not stop,it does it with the microphone plugged in or removed,we have done a reset,changed the mem.battery,with no luck stopping the scanning,as soon as the radio is powered up it scans,just curious if anyone has seen this problem before,I have found tons of info on many other ts-440 problems but none involving the constant scanning issue,any info or help is welcome,thanks.

Chris.s

what type of scan?

Is it up and down in frequency or just keep counting upwards?

One band or all bands or is it stuck on 40 meters?

I would look at the control board, caps going bad, cap dried up and shorted out causing voltage to be low on one or more of the ic

what type of scan?

Is it up and down in frequency or just keep counting upwards?

One band or all bands or is it stuck on 40 meters?

I would look at the control board, caps going bad, cap dried up and shorted out causing voltage to be low on one or more of the ic

OR....

I'm guessing a Leaking Battery...beginning (or has) started eating tracings off the board.
Hope Not...but seen it before
TS 440/450/850 owners...Do the Battery Mod...or you'll have a parts rig!
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.